15 Ways to Upgrade Your Rental Without Ticking Off Your Landlord
Blank white walls, muddy-colored carpet and vertical blinds: The bane of every apartment renter’s existence. Renting can more often feel like you’re camping out in a dental office waiting room, instead of sleeping at home sweet home. But don’t fret yet; you can dress your small space without ripping up the carpet (or ripping out your hair). Here are 15 ways to live large and in charge in your rental without sacrificing your security deposit.
1. Deer In The Forest Wall Decals is made of high quality, self-adhesive and waterproof vinyl. This vinyl is rated to last 5 years outdoors and virtually forever indoors. And decals can be applied to any clean, smooth and flat surface. Put them on your walls, doors, windows - anywhere you want!
2. Go for a Gallery Wall: There’s no better way to fill up a big white wall than with your favorite pieces of art (if your landlord says no way to nail holes, use adhesive Velcro backing). Add an extra dose of design oomph by dipping your frames and pictures in paint.
3. Whale Wall Decals can be applied to any clean, smooth and flat surface. Put them on your walls, doors, windows - anywhere you want!
4. Get Your Green On: Bring in some herbs to freshen up (and perfume!) your space. If you can’t use nails, this tall DIY’d planter will look equally as good leaning against a wall.
5. Get Pattern Off the Wall and Onto the Bed: Permanent patterned wallpaper is definitely a no-go for most apartment dwellers. Punch up the pattern on your bedding instead with this fun DIY.
6. Two Words: Removable Wallpaper: Peel, stick and go — and see how your whole space is transformed.
7. Fun Wall Decals: If you just want a touch of pattern in one specific place, try a removable wall decal. They’re like giant stickers for your pad. And if you have a bathroom this big in your apartment with a tub this cool, lucky you.
8. Think Beyond the Frame: If you think hanging up frames for a gallery wall sounds a bit tedious, try a wall hanging. Cover more ground with one bold piece, like this macrame stunner.
9. This photo frame tree Wall decal will make your environment uniquely yours.
Decal is made with 100% interior safe removable vinyl that looks painted right on the walls. made of high quality, self-adhesive and waterproof vinyl.
10. Invest in Multifunctional Furniture: Here’s another space-saving tip: Buy pieces that can serve multiple purposes. A bar cart can stand in as a side table or entertainment console until you’re ready to party.
12. Update Appliances: Use removable wallpaper on your fridge for a major kitchen update. Let’s make fridge-papering a thing, folks.
14. This Bird and Tree Wall decal will make your environment uniquely yours.
You don't need nails or paint to remodel...sometimes you just need a little personality to give your space that special touch.
15. Personalize With Picture Stickers: Stick ’em anywhere, then peel them off and stick ’em anywhere else. An easy way to “redecorate” in a rental.
Got any other rental decorating tips or tricks? Tried any of the above? Check more in our site.